Honda cars India launched the 2.0 litre variant of their CR-V at the Auto Expo 2008 in New Delhi. Priced at Rs 17,15,000 Delhi ex-showroom, this Honda will take on the Chevy Captiva and might take even more buyers off of Maruti Grand Vitara.
This Honda’s 2.0L i-VTEC engine displaces 1997 cc and produces 143 bhp power at 6000 rpm and 190 Nm torque at 4200 rpm. HSCI says Honda CRV 2.0L is more fuel efficient and doesn’t compromising on performance.
In comparison with the 2.4-litre version.
- Honda CR-V 2.0L costs Rs 1.25 lakhs cheaper
- 18 bhp lesser power and torque is 28 Nm lesser.
- This Honda is 2 wheel driven (2WD) vs real-time AWD on 2.4L
- Power steering is electrically assisted vs hydraulic assist on the 2.4L CRV.
- Honda CR-V 2.0L gets a single CD audio system versus 6-CD changer on the 2.4-liter version.
- The only visual changes outside are it doesn’t get a sunroof and door handles are body coloured (vs chrome).